Going through the process of choosing expat health insurance cover and getting a quote can be an arduous process. Quick quotes are available online from direct sales websites but your health is important and demands the help of an expert to make sure your cover is exactly what you need.
Expat health insurance broker, My Matchmaker, has been created to provide our customers with a bespoke service. Our unique Selector system allows insurance cover to be tailored to your specific needs.
When you first buy health insurance, it's useful to start the process knowing what you'll need to pay. To help, we've created a number of customer scenarios and their related premiums:
• Client profile - 25 year old Italian male with no family moving to the UK
• Cover required - hospitalisation cover only to provide protection in the event of serious illness/injury
• Indicative insurance premium - ranges from €877 to €2,050 per annum and an average of €1,398 across 11 insurer cost scenarios
• Client profile - French family moving to Singapore, one of the most expensive regions for healthcare in the world. Husband aged 42 years, wife 46 years and son 5 years
• Cover required – require comprehensive cover including hospitalisation, out-patient, dental, maternity and evacuation
• Indicative insurance premium - ranges from €11,014 to €41,508 per annum across seven different insurer pricings with an average premium of €24,353.
• Client profile - Australian couple moving to Switzerland, an expensive region for healthcare. Husband aged 32 years, wife aged 29 years
• Cover required – looking for comprehensive cover, including hospitalisation, out-patient, dental, maternity and evacuation
• Indicative insurance premium - ranges from €7,068 to €10,492 per annum across five insurer pricings with an average premium of €8,648.
• Client profile - English retirees moving to live in Morocco. Husband aged 67 years, wife 63 years.
• Cover required – looking for comprehensive cover, including hospitalisation, out-patient, dental and evacuation
• Indicative insurance premium - ranges from €11,666 to €31,475 per annum across eight insurer pricings with an average of €20,000.
(All illustrative and non contractual prices are in Euros inclusive of all taxes and assume €0 policy excess)
Of course, your circumstances won't be the same as the list above, which means your quote will be individual to you. There are also ways for you to reduce the cost of your premiums, for example, by applying higher excesses or deductibles should this be necessary.
At My Matchmaker we'll walk you through the process of buying your cover. Our Selector system will ensure you get the precise cover you need and our team will be on hand to answer any questions.